The moment you open a new website, what do you see nowadays? A popup asking you to allow notifications from a website that you’re visiting for the first time. A very bold thing to ask from a user who hasn’t even judged the quality of the site just yet. Yes! Browser notifications – The so-called perfect medium to get a glance of important activities also annoys you to the core! Push notifications can be annoying – period. But how can you get rid of these annoying browser notifications forever? Read on.
How to disable browser notifications on all popular browsers
1. Disabling browser notifications on Chrome:
Chrome is the most popular Web browser in the Internet world! If you’e tired of dealing with notification prompts on chrome, here is how to get rid of it for good.
The steps are:
1. Open Chrome on your device
2. Click More (3 dots) at the top right of the Screen
3. Click on Settings and go to the Advanced option which is at the bottom of the screen.
4. Go to the Privacy & Security tab
5. Click on Content Settings
6. Go to the Notifications tab
7. You can now click on the switch to the right of Ask before sending to block all browser notifications
That’s it! No more notifications now on your screen!
2. Disabling browser notifications on Mozilla Firefox:
Disabling web notifications in Mozilla Firefox involves a few simple steps and here’s how to do it:
1. Open ‘Mozilla Firefox’
2. Click the Settings icon at the top right of the screen.
3. Choose Options option
4. Choose Content from the left of the page.
5. Choose Do not disturb me and the web notifications will be disabled.
3. Disabling browser notifications on Safari:
Tired of dealing with browser notifications on Safari browser? Well, there’s always a way to get out of the mess! Follow the below the steps:
1. Launch Safari on your device
2. Go to Preferences or press Command-comma
3. Click on the Notifications tab
4. The list of websites you have opened will pop on the screen.
5. You can click Deny next to each website listed there or, directly toggle off the Allow Website to ask permission to send Push notifications
6. Select the site and click Remove button on the bottom left of the screen
7. Rather, for disabling the notifications from all websites, Press ‘Remove All’ on the bottom left of the screen.
Yes, freedom from notifications prompts!
4. Disabling browser notifications on Edge:
In the highly unlikely event of you being an Edge user, here are the two ways for disabling notifications:
1. Open Edge
2. Insert Notifications inside the Search box
3. Go to Notifications & Actions setting
4. Toggle off the Get Tips, tricks and suggestions tab.
The second way is:
1. Click the Menu icon on the top right of the screen.
2. Select Settings from the Menu icon
3. Select Advanced Settings
4. Select Website Permissions
5. Toggle off Permissions for sites option
So no more bombarding of notifications on your device!
Hope you found this article helpful! But all thanks to web browsers for rendering us the feature of enabling and disabling the notifications. If you temporarily want relief from browser notifications, you can simply use the incognito mode on any browser.