After a lot of speculation from the tech-enthusiasts, Samsung has officially announced the world’s first truly bezel-less TV, today at CES 2020. The TV sports a QLED 8K (Q950TS) display panel and what Samsung calls an infinity design which eliminates the screen bezel completely. At just 15 mm, it’s also an ultra-slim design with a flat back, making it an attention grabber in any home theater setup.
There’s more to this groundbreaking infinity design – Samsung’s 2020 QLED 8K TV also comes with some never seen before enhancements to the TV experience. Read more about it below:
Improvements in Visual Quality
- The 2020 QLED 8K TV features an AI quantum processor which is powered by combined intelligence of machine learning and deep learning. With the help of deep learning, this processor can perform 8K upscaling, regardless of the image quality of the original image. Even a regular Full HD video will look spectacular on this new Samsung TV.
- The 2020 QLED 8K TV comes with a new adaptive picture feature that provides optimal brightness and contrast ratio in any viewing environment. This TV can recognize the surrounding environment and automatically adjust the screen brightness.
- The 2020 QLED 8K TV features the new AI ScaleNet technology which reduces the loss of original data during video streaming. AI ScaleNet is powered by deep learning technology to minimize data loss during compression and enable 8K content to be streamed on networks with lower bandwidth capabilities. For now, AI ScaleNet can be used for videos from the Amazon Prime Video app.
- The 2020 QLED 8K TV will be able to stream 8K AV1 codec video from YouTube.
Improvements in Audio quality:
- The 2020 QLED 8K TV features OTS+ (Object Tracking Sound Plus) technology which can recognize moving objects in the image and moves the sound along the speakers on the TV. This allows the TV to achieve 5.1-channel surround sound, allowing you to immerse yourself in the scene when there is dynamic movement on the screen, such as a scene in which a car passes by really fast.
- The 2020 QLED 8K TV features the Q-Symphony feature that utilizes both the speakers of the TV and the sound bar to find the best sound.
- The 2020 QLED 8K TV features the “Active Voice Amplifier” function that can recognize ambient noise and adjust the volume of the speaker’s voice in the video. With this feature, consumers don’t have to worry about missing out on drama lines, even if it’s noisy in the house.
Other software improvements:
- Samsung has completely redesigned the user interface of Universal Guide to focus on content, making it easy to find the content you want. It’s especially easier to choose the content you want to see by recommending streaming content in various apps at a glance.
- TV Plus is now free of charge for Samsung Smart TV users and it offers more than 120 channels per year in various categories like news and movies.
- Multi-View feature lets you multitask while watching TV. What this means is, you can watch two contents at the same time in any form, from ‘Side by Side’ to ‘Picture-in-Picture’.
- The new Tap View feature allows you to ‘mirror’ your smartphone by simply touching it on the TV.
- Digital Butler feature allows the TV to recognize and control older devices that are not connected to the Internet.
- In addition to Samsung Bixby, Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa are now supported.
- The Samsung Health app has also been made available on the new Samsung Smart TVs. With this, you can easily manage your existing workout history on your smartphones on the TV, and also provide dedicated fitness content.
- NEXTGEN TV powered by ATSC 3.0 tuner supports 4K broadcast TV standard.